February 14, 2014
We hope that you are having a warm winter, hibernating, doing self care and getting ready to let the inner child play in the spring.
We want to express our gratitude for your dedication and commitment to embracing, promoting and sustaining our Afro-Dominican/Haitian roots. Your contribution greatly inspires and supports our work with TINGO: Grita Fuerte.
For the past three years with the help from community, TINGO has been raising funds to support the yearly Gaga Celebration of Batey Gaga de la Ceja. Last year with the support of our community, TINGO was able to raise $1,200 to help on the renting of two buses that would transport the members of Gaga de la Ceja to other Bateyes in order to fulfill the purpose of the Gaga traditional celebration.
We are reaching to you as artists, community members, community organizations, and promoters of culture to invite you to join in partnership with TINGO: Grita Fuerte in this year’s fundraising efforts.
This year we are aiming higher and our goal is to raise $15,000 to donate a bus to the Gaga in order to ensure that every year they will count with the transportation necessary to take this sacred religious/spiritual celebration to other Bateyes in nearby communities. The idea is to start the fundraising campaign via Indiegogo which will launch in February 2014 and continue the efforts through April 2015. By April 2015 we should have reached or surpassed our goal.
Why is this so important?
- To maintain our culture for the present-generations
- To Celebrate love
- To manifest Unity
- To cultivate traditions and spirituality
How do we plan to do this?
- We will be launching an Indiegogo campaign by mid February 2014
- We will also be selling Gaga de la Ceja T-Shirts at tables at events and also online.
- We will be having different fundraising events prior to this year’s Gaga celebration and throughout the year until we reach or surpass our goal.
What are we asking for?
We are asking for people to get on the Guagua for Gaga de la Ceja by:
- Donating through the Indiegogo Campaign
- Promoting the campaign by Spreading the word with friends and family
- Talk about it on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks
- Organizing an Event
- Donating your talents/skills
- Buying T-Shirts
- Committing to the selling of T-Shirts
- Spreading the word with friends and family
- Bring New Ideas to raise the funds and take it on
Now, we would like to know, how can you commit to support in making this happen?
Together, we can do it.
TINGO: Grita Fuerte